Post Date: Feb 28, 2018
Effective Date: Mar 30, 2018
1. DATA COLLECTION BY DEMANDBASE
a. Automatic Data Collection
Demandbase collects data from you automatically when you visit Demandbase Sites through the use of web beacons and cookies. We automatically receive data from your browser, some of which may be considered personal data in your jurisdiction, such as IP address and cookie ID. We also collect analytics and log data such as browser version, pages accessed and clickstream, operating system version, additional session information, and timestamps.
b. Information You Supply to Us
Demandbase sponsored promotions and marketing and the Demandbase Site may allow you to provide contact information, billing information, ask questions, register, or provide other information, some of which may be personal data that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, and contact details.
c. Data Collected from Other Sources
We may receive data about you from other sources, such as third party partners, email marketing campaigns, public sources, and marketing partners. Such third party data may include demographic information.
d. Technology We Use
For automatic data collection, Demandbase uses tracking pixels, web beacons, and cookies to collect information. Demandbase may use these technologies either alone or in conjunction with each other.
2. DATA USE BY DEMANDBASE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA FOR THE EEA
a. Demandbase uses data for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, and personalize our business and services, the Demandbase Platforms, and the Demandbase Sites;
- To derive insights and analytics, perform analyses and monitor trends, use, and activities in connection with Demandbase services (including data collected from Partner Sites), the Demandbase Platforms, and the Demandbase Sites;
- To provide reports (such as performance analytics, statistics, metrics, and other details) to Demandbase customers;
- For advertising and marketing purposes, such as analyzing and predicting business buying behavior or business interests;
- To enforce its policies, prevent fraudulent actions, and perform other actions to protect the Demandbase Sites, the Demandbase Platforms, its technology, customers, end-users, or brand;
- To communicate with you about marketing offers, such as promotions, contests, events, services, or products by us and partners;
- To analyze and derive insights from the combination of the data we collect with other data in our possession (such as with demographic information) as part of our services; and
- To deliver interest-based advertising and content to your device, such as ads, widgets, or website content tailored to you on behalf of advertisers, across websites, devices, and over time. For example, this may be done through identifying you as a business visitor and altering website content that you see or providing you with interest-based advertising for business purchasing.
b. Legal Basis for Processing Data
In most situations, such as providing its core services, access to the Demandbase Platforms, and oftentimes when we collect data through our technology, Demandbase will process personal information when needed to fulfill a contract or as required under law. Demandbase may also process data when it’s in its legitimate interests (such as improving its services) or the legitimate interests of its customers. Demandbase will only use the legitimate interest basis to process data in the event that such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. In the event you voluntarily provide us with personal information, we will use the consent of the individual basis to process personal information.
3. DATA SHARING BY DEMANDBASE
a. Demandbase shares information with third parties for the following purposes:
- With customers to provide the Demandbase Platforms, its services, or technology;
- With customers or partners for marketing, advertising, and engagement with their customers, such as market research, providing interest-based advertising (including retargeting or remarketing), analytics, and advertising and marketing optimization;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company or any other similar business, audit, or legal disclosure need;
- With third party vendors (such as marketing, billing, or security service providers), consultants, and other service providers who work on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us and may use your information in connection with the provision of such services;
- For security, fraud prevention, law and policy enforcement purposes, such as responding to legal matters or law enforcement requests or enforcing our policies and terms, protecting rights, property, and safety of individuals or other third parties;
- Any information you volunteer for marketing purposes or otherwise, may be shared with the other third party or partner mentioned when you provide such information; and
- Additional ways that you may consent to have your data shared.
Customers and other third parties may combine the data we share (including personal and demographic data) with additional data they have. Demandbase offers a real-time platform, so data provided by the Demandbase Platforms, its services, and technology, and other related data collected and derived may be shared with third parties in real-time.
4. DATA SECURITY
Demandbase takes reasonable steps to safeguard the information we collect through the Demandbase Site and Partner Sites, such as employing measures like encryption or hashing, where appropriate. Demandbase takes reasonable measures to prevent against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In the event you suspect a vulnerability, please share such details confidentially with Demandbase at email@example.com. You should provide exact details of the suspected vulnerability so that Demandbase can verify and reproduce your results. Please do not publish or share any details of the suspected vulnerability with third parties or online except with Demandbase’s permission once resolved.
Demandbase encourages you to choose a secure and secret password for your account. You should not disclose your Demandbase password to anyone. If you share your password, account details, or information within, please take note that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you suspect that your password has been compromised, you must immediately notify Demandbase and change your password.
Demandbase encourages you to learn about phishing and social engineering. You should never provide any personal information via email to any email you suspect comes from Demandbase. If you need to change or update your account information, we encourage you to log directly into the Demandbase Site to change, update or modify your personal information. If you believe that you received a request for personal information in an email potentially sent by Demandbase, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
Information that Demandbase collects, including personal information such as contact or billing information and advertising cookie data, may be transferred to and maintained on services in a jurisdiction with less protective privacy protections than yours. Demandbase processes and stores information in the United States and other countries.
We retain information collected as we deem necessary to fulfill our business purposes in this Statement, as permitted by law, and in accordance with any applicable internal data retention policies or applicable agreements.
7. INFORMATION CHOICES
a. Marketing Emails Opt-Out
In the event we send marketing emails to you, we will include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all of our emails. Click the link to unsubscribe and Demandbase will remove you from future emails within a reasonable amount of time.
b. Interest-Based Advertising Opt-Out and Global Opt-Out
Demandbase services are designed to make B2B advertising more relevant to your business needs. Opting-out of interest-based advertising won’t affect the number of ads that you see or allow you to opt-out of advertising; however, opting-out will make ads less relevant to you and your interests and allow you to opt-out of advertising from Demandbase.
When serving interest-based advertising to you, Demandbase includes the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) AdChoices icon within such ads. This icon generally appears as in one of the corners of the ad and may be accompanied by text such as “AdChoices.” You can click on the icon to learn more about the ad and to opt-out of receiving ads from Demandbase in the future. Demandbase adheres to the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about the DAA and the AdChoices Icon, and to opt-out of interest-based advertising delivered by other participating companies, please visit:
The DAA opt-out requires the ability to set an opt-out cookie in your browser. Your opt-out choices only apply to the particular browser and device from which you have opted-out (ex. work computer vs. personal computer) and only to the applicable advertising channel (you may still receive interest-based advertising in-app or email marketing if you opt-out via web browser cookies). Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies or change your cookie preferences, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
To opt-out of Demandbase interest based advertising, click here.
c. Browser Based “Do Not Track”
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features, Demandbase does not respond to DNT signals.
d. Cookie Management
8. NOT DIRECTED TO UNDER 16
Demandbase does not direct Demandbase Sites or services to children under 16 and does not knowingly collect information from children under 16.
9. CONTACT US AND HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
a. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this policy, please contact us at email@example.com, or write us at:
680 Folsom Street #400
San Francisco, CA 94107
If you raise a concern regarding your data, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes.
b. How we will communicate with you
If you have a business account with Demandbase, we will communicate with you through the business account contact details. For all others, if you provide us with contact information, we will reach out to you through those provided details.